| A fun giraffe sighting! We watched them chewing the bones from carrion for the calcium. Spooky- bone-eating giraffes... |
| Giraffe! |
| The full moon! Watching it rise over the Kalahari was incredible.... |
| Meerkat sighting! |
| A pangolin's funny walk! |
| Mary and Tim on a scenic hike above Dedeben research center....we went about 2 miles into the mountains... |
| Mary using the Pangolin tracking device with Wendy. |

This is sooo incredibly cool, Mares!! I had no idea that pangolin scales are made of ivory. I imagine that they’re very difficult to protect because their scales are supposed to do that job. No match for poachers. 😞 have you seen bat-eared foxes yet? Also, how does the telemetry track the animals? Are they all tagged? What are you looking for (tracking wise) when you’re tracking foxes and pangolin? I want to hear more about the climate science too! We’re in the midst of a tremendous heat wave, speaking of climate disruption.
ReplyDeleteThank you for explaining how you knew the tool was fashioned by early humans.
PS. I love the red color of the Kalahari.
Love you! So proud of you,
Deirdre